Hello all of you market lovers! Want to have a new excuse to go to your local farmer’s market? Well now you have one!
We are hosting a photo contest because we want to see YOUR local farmer’s market. So here are the rules:
Go to your local Farmer’s Market and take a photo!
Post the photo to instagram using “@consciouscultivation” and “#supportfarmersmarkets” OR send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may only submit original work as stated below in the Terms and Conditions.
You may enter up to 2 entries per person.
Entries will be judged after the contest is over October 15, 2017, 11:59PM EST
The winner will be featured here on The Conscious Activist. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will be entered into a drawing for a beautiful basket compiled at the WNC Farmer’s Market.
Keep in mind: This is an opportunity to highlight YOUR local community. Be respectful. For the Terms and Conditions, read below. For those who do not follow the rules as put forth, the Contestant will be disqualified.
Go forth and love your Farmer’s Market!!!
Terms and Conditions
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who are 18 years and older as of the date of entry. Contributors of The Conscious Activist and its affiliates are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of The Conscious Activist as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on September 26, 2017 10AM EST and ending October 15, 2017, 11:59PM EST. All online entries must be received by October 15, 2017, 11:59PM EST.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using Instagram or submitting a photo to email@example.com. If you submit via Instagram, you will only be qualified if you use “@consciouscultivation” and “#supportfarmersmarkets” in the description. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Conscious Activist. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of The Conscious Activist.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive a feature on this site and be entered for a prize drawing for a basket locally crafted in the mountains of North Carolina with good such as honeys, jams, and other novelties. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by The Conscious Activist. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at The Conscious Activist’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for The Conscious Activist to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by judges under the supervision of The Conscious Activist. Winner will be notified by direct message/email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. The Conscious Activist shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT The Conscious Activist’s SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that The Conscious Activist, anyone acting on behalf ofThe Conscious Activist, and The Conscious Activist’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Conscious Activist. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless The Conscious Activist from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which The Conscious Activist may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: The Conscious Activist reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond The Conscious Activist’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, The Conscious Activist may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The Conscious Activist. The Conscious Activist reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Conscious Activist has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, The Conscious Activist reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless The Conscious Activist and its, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND the State of North Carolina, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the United States, having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is The Conscious Activist.
15. Facebook and other social media: The Contest hosted by The Conscious Activist is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or any other social media outlet such as Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
16. By reading these rules and entering the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.